We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 x 300 g veal chops (in the fillet)
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp. oil soup
- 3 shallots
- 5 cl of gentian liqueur
- Salt pepper
- 500 g of chestnuts
- 40g sugar
- 1/4 branch of celery
- 15 cl of white chicken stock
- 5 cl of fresh cream
- 5 cl of whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 yellow lemon
- Salt pepper
Gentian veal chops, lemon chestnut gratin
- Score the bark of each chestnut with a sharp knife. Cover with water and cook over high heat for 3 minutes. Drain and peel them.
For the chestnut gratin:
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and two tablespoons of water.
Cook until you get a caramel. Add the chestnuts and the stalk of celery. Season with pepper and cover with the white chicken stock. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Take out the chestnuts with a skimmer. Reserve eight for finishing. Mix the chestnuts in a food processor, relaxing with a little cooking juice to obtain a puree.
- Heat the cream. Gradually add the puree while mixing.
Check the seasoning. Cover with a film. Keep warm in a double boiler.
For the icing:
- Whip the whipped cream into whipped cream. Salt and pepper. Add a lemon zest. Gently fold in the egg yolk without breaking the whipped cream.
- Garnish four casseroles with chestnut mousseline. Cover with a smooth layer of whipped cream. Brown in the oven.
- Slice the reserved chestnuts. Out of the oven, place the chips on the casseroles.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (th.7).
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- In a frying pan, heat 30 g of butter and the oil. Sear the veal chops on both sides over high heat. Continue cooking over low heat. Remove the ribs, wrap them in aluminum foil and keep them warm.
Remove the excess fat from the pan, add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the gentian. Give a broth and mount with 20 g of butter.
Check the seasoning.
A festive meal is the perfect opportunity to make this recipe.
Photo: C. Herlédan