We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The ultimate fall dish, this recipe for black pudding, apple and chestnut pastillas is a delight.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 150 g black pudding
- 3 apples
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 12 cooked chestnuts or chestnuts
- 4 pastry sheets
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Read also :
- Health benefits and virtues of chestnuts
- Chestnut, fruit symbol of autumn
Blood sausage pastillas, apples and chestnuts
Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th.7).
- Cut the sausage into 2 cm thick sections.
- Wash and cut the apples into pieces. In a frying pan, melt 20 g of semi-salted butter and cook the apples cut into pieces with the chestnuts for about 5 minutes.
- Brush the pastry sheets with melted butter. Arrange the applesauce, chestnuts and blood sausage on each pastilla. Add the ground hazelnuts. Fold the pastillas into casseroles.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Serve immediately with a mixed salad.
Find out more about the chestnut
An edible fruit of the chestnut tree, the chestnut (or chestnut) was the staple of human food for a long time in many regions before its decline at the end of the 19th century (rural exodus and diseases on farms), in favor of cereals.
If today it is consumed much less, it nevertheless remains a key element for winter evenings by the fire, grilled under the ashes, in a pan with holes, or more simply boiled or grilled in the oven. They can also be eaten fresh, candied, in jam, mash ... In flour, it lends itself perfectly to the preparation of pancakes, breads and desserts.
Having become seasonal, it is more easily found around the end of the year celebrations to prepare the famous turkey with chestnuts or to nibble on candied chestnuts.
Read also: benefits and virtues of chestnuts for health
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret